Building and Leading Effective Teams
AT A GLANCE
- Upcoming Programs:
May 1 - May 21
July 17 - Aug 6
- Program Duration:
- Time Commitment:
Columbia Business School Certification
Building and Leading Effective Teams, a 3-week executive development program, will deliver participants with the skills and tools needed to maximize the innovative potential of diverse teams to generate high-quality decisions, and to gain support for those decisions from key stakeholders who possess unique agendas and interests.
The key to organizational success is dependent upon harnessing the power of teams.
- Understand your behavioral style and those of your team members to bring together teams with strengths aligned to your objectives
- Identify the power dynamics in your organization and understand the interests and agendas of key stakeholders
- Enlist persuasive techniques targeted to the needs and interests of key decision makers
- Identify the key stages in team development and leverage behavioral strengths suited to the tactical needs of each stage
- 3 week duration, 15 hours to complete requirements
- 4 hours of on-demand, HD lectures
- Professor interactions, office hours and group learning
- Facilitated Intra-Company Team Meetings
- Final Deliverable, which integrates weekly activities
- Optional Issue Forums available
who should attend
This course is designed for executives who want to learn more about how to create diverse, high performing teams by leveraging frameworks for effective team decision making and putting the right people against the right tasks.
- Mid-level and team leaders
After successfully finishing the Building and Leading Effective Teams development program, participants will receive a Certificate of Completion from Columbia University.
Columbia University faculty members are the best minds in their fields operating in the world’s business hub, New York City. Informed in real time by the global business environment, they teach a transformative curriculum that develops leaders poised to create opportunity in any environment.
Bill Klepper serves as the Academic Director of Executive Education and the author of “The CEO Boss: Tough Love in the Boardroom”.
Here’s what our
customers are saying
“The lectures from Professor Klepper were hands down the best. He not only validated many concepts that I have always believed in, he had me taking notes on new concepts and how to implement actions. Many of the slides were very powerful as well. I plan to use the information to re-enforce my reasoning behind my actions. The course helped me drive my team development faster than it would have otherwise been and today, I am much further ahead, and know that actions taken thus far were for all the right reasons. ”Nuclear Power Company Director, Group Quality
“Content and delivery of Professor Klepper's lectures were great. He did a great job applying the principles he taught into real life scenarios.”Automotive Loan Company Director of Loan Servicing
“It was a quick, but intensive, training course. The interactive nature of the course was helpful, and the team meeting provided an opportunity to use the concepts I have studied in order to begin mastering these skills.”Global Biotechnology Company Head of Global Regulatory Affairs