Implementing Winning Strategies
AT A GLANCE
- Upcoming Programs:
May 1 - May 21
July 17 - Aug 6
- Program Duration:
- Time Commitment:
Columbia Business School Certification
Implementing Winning Strategies, a 3-week executive development program, delivers participants the ability to gain greater command of their company’s needs and the skill to identify and execute new growth opportunities in a fast-moving and competitive landscape.
The key to organizational success is to develop an enterprise capable of generating achievement-oriented strategies and adapting and improving those strategies as the environment changes.
- Understand your company’s competitive environment and current strategy
- Better understanding your company’s strategic process by applying Columbia’s four-phase planning cycle
- Identify strategic challenges and where to focus efforts
- Define key organizational priorities and current gaps within your “span of control”
- 3 week duration, 15 hours to complete requirements
- 6 hours of on-demand, HD lectures
- Professor interactions, office hours and group learning
- Facilitated Intra-Company Team Meetings
- Final Deliverable, which integrated weekly activities
- Optional Issue Forums available
who should attend
This course is aimed at leaders in business units as well as enterprise executives responsible for developing shared processes for creating and implementing winning strategies.
After successfully finishing the Implementing Winning Strategies program, participants will receive a Certificate of Completion from Columbia University.
Professor of the Practice
A specialist in strategy and the leadership of change, Willie Pietersen's methods and ideas are widely applied within Columbia’s executive education programs.
Here’s what our
customers are saying
“The program presented how to develop and implement a strategy in simple and straightforward statements and concepts. The professor used good examples and metaphors for the concepts he was articulating. The activities were structured to enforce the concepts found in the lectures.”Health Insurance Company Manager, EDI Applications Development & Support
“I liked interacting with my team members and hearing their different ideas and perspectives from their functional areas.”Global Beverage Company General Counsel
“I really enjoyed the short lecture segments so I could watch and learn at my convenience. Concise content and meaningful examples that apply to my everyday business. Professor Pietersen is a dynamic lecturer. The assignments made everything applicable to my day-to-day work. ”Global Software Company Senior Director, Corporate & Thought Leadership
“I found the lectures very informative and the assignments on point in terms of applying learned material. I really enjoyed the Plenary Session and listening to my Team colleagues and participants in other industries experiencing similar challenges. ”Automotive Rental Company Branch Manager